GRAIN PURCHASE BY BALTIC PORK LLC
Purchase of grain and feed ingredients
Although we grow grain in our own 70 hectares of land, we still buy most of the fodder barley and wheat from Latvian farmers. We also purchase a variety of other ingredients for fodder production. Production of pig feed in our own farm is extremely important, since it grants us complete control over the composition and quality of the feed, which is further reflected in the welfare and health of the raised animals. Both our farms together consume 140 tons of grain per week on average. We also buy wet and unrefined grain.
In autumn, we also buy wet and unrefined grain
We can store up to 7,000 tons of grain
On average, we purchase 17,160 tons of grain per year
- Current purchasing capacity for 2020 68% 68%
GRAIN PURCHASE STATION OF BALTIC PORK LLC
"Krastmalas", Sigulda municipality, Allažmuiža
Feeding wheat, feeding barley
Requirements for grain
Products offered for purchase must meet the following requirements:
- If the admixture of other grains exceeds 5%, these grains are classified as a mixture.
- Waste admixture is: stones, grass, weeds, black grain, diseased grain, unrefined and broken grain, straws and chaffs.
- Grain will be checked for pesticide residue
- The presence of pests in the grain is not allowed.
- Classification of quality groups of acceptable grain (may vary depending on the specifics of the harvest year);
- Grain is not genetically modified and does not contain GMOs;
- Amount of mycotoxin and heavy metals complies with the requirements of the Regulation 1881/2006 (EC);
- Amount of pesticide residue complies with the requirements of the Regulation 396/2005 (EC).
PURCHASE OF RAW MATERIALS
Distribution of purchased raw materials by consumption per month
We buy various raw materials for the production of pig feed. The graph shows the average consumption of raw materials on both farms per month.
Distribution of purchased raw materials by consumption per month.
Contact us in regards to grain and raw materials offers!
We will gladly review your product and price offers. Please contact us on weekdays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.